The vintage Baker Boy style – made with a soft and thick Melton Wool fabric.
Our Bridgemoor Cap is a classic design with natural rich colours thanks to the compact weave of Melton Wool. The thickness of the outer material gives our Bridgemoor Cap great weatherproof qualities.
Melton Wool was first produced centuries ago in the town of Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire, UK. As a place widely considered the national hotspot for hunting and other outdoor sports – it embraced Melton Wool as an ideal fabric for hunting clothing due to its weatherproofing. Although the fabric has a smooth, cushioned surface – it is thick and rigid due to the manufacturing process.
Melton Wool is heavily ‘fulled’. This process involves first scouring the material. A treatment used to remove the natural contaminants contained within the wool such as oil and dirt.
It is then milled. A process which increases the thickness and compactness of the fabric using heat, moisture and friction. This results in a fabric which is both soft to the touch, thick and durable.
We always strive to bring you a hat manufactured to the highest of standards. W&H have been developing wool caps for over 20 years, so you can be assured of top quality design and manufacturing.
A perfect choice during the colder months. This tightly woven cloth is one of the warmest fabrics you can find. Along with the firm fitting you should expect from a W&H hat – you can be sure your head will be kept warm from cold winds.
The natural water-resistance and compactness of Melton Wool will help keep your head dry during showers.
A classic style which never seems to go away. You can wear your Bridgemoor cap whether out for an active day in the country or an evening in the town. Style your Bridgemoor Cap with our selection of country clothing. Blazers, jackets, shirts, and more available.
Available in Black, Navy and Grey.
Be sure to accurately measure your head and refer to our size guide to get the fit you should expect from a Walker & Hawkes product.
To preserve quality, lightly sponge clean in warm/cool water or dry clean. Never use powder detergent.
- Melton Wool – outer shell is soft and thick with deep colour tones.
- Shower-proof – wool is naturally water-resistant so will keep your head dry in light showers.
- Windproof – the thickness and compact weave of Melton Wool helps shield your head from cold winds.
- Made with 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing wool caps for over 20 years, so you can be sure of expert design and manufacturing.
- Firm, solid fitting – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- Your Bridgemoor Cap will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in black, navy and grey.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Outer shell is made from 40% wool and 60% polyester.
- Inner lining is made from 100% quilted polyester.
- Grosgrain sweatband.
- Stitched down peak.
- 8 triangular panels, adjoined by a central button at the top of the cap.