Our 100% Merino Wool jumpers are excellently crafted. Keeping you warm and comfortable in a classic knitwear design.
Our Mountfield Jumper features an extended neck feature to keep your neck extra warm. 2 leather buttons on the neck finish your sweater with style.
Aran knitwear was first developed in the 1800s for fishermen in the Aran Islands, Ireland, and has since grown in popularity into a world-famous fashion item. Traditionally made from Merino Wool – which is softer than regular wool, making it an ideal fabric for warm garments.
Our Merino Wool comes from Aran Woollen Mills. They have been at the forefront of knitwear manufacturing and design since 1965 – where founder Mrs Maura Hughes began manufacturing knitwear as a passion and to provide jobs for the locals in the West of Ireland. The family business naturally developed, with her 13 children becoming an important part of growing the business into what it is today.
Their mission is ‘bringing the natural beauty, warmth and the unique style of Aran knitwear to customers who value craftsmanship, authenticity & sustainability.’
Their garments bring this mission to life with its exceptional features and style.
The natural beauty of their knitwear can be accredited to their attention to detail in the stitching. Every pattern carries symbolism which unites the knitwear with the heritage and history of the Aran Islands.
Our Mountfield Jumper features the ‘Diamond Stitch’. This pattern symbolises the shapes of the fishing mesh islanders used. As these fishing mesh’s were used to make a living – this stitch signifies wealth and success.
You can be sure you’ll be kept warm in your Merino Wool. The wool contains a natural crimp, or air pockets, which can hold body heat around your body – keeping you exceptionally warm.
Despite this, it has great temperature regulation for when it gets warmer. This happens because it can absorb 35% of its own weight in moisture and release it due to evaporation from the warm air – offering a cooling effect on the body.
Wool also has odour-resistant properties due to its natural antibacterial effects. Bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick because of the structure of wool fibres. This makes it highly functional as you won’t have to wash it everyday.
Your Mountfield Jumper will have a traditional, relaxed fit. Drop down a size for a more fitting look. Take your pick from 2 colours – Navy Blue or Iron Grey. We have a wide collection of outdoor clothing to suit your Merino Wool jumper. Our country shirts can be layered underneath for a smart casual look. Our jackets and hats are a great alternative to add layers for extra warmth.
Be sure to accurately measure yourself and check against our size guide to get the perfect fit you expect from Walker & Hawkes.
Dry-clean or hand-wash only. Turn Inside out before washing. Use mild detergent. Do not rub, wring, spin, tumble dry or bleach. Reshape whilst damp, dry flat. Iron on reverse.
- 100% Merino Wool – a natural fibre grown by Merino sheep. Softer than regular wool so a great fabric for garments.
- Extended neck feature – covers your neck to shield from cold winds.
- Aran Woollen Mills – the wool is produced by manufacturers who have been at the forefront of knitwear development since 1965.
- Diamond Stitch Pattern – carry some history of the Aran Islands with your jumper. The Diamond Stitch pattern represents the shape of the fishing mesh – symbolising wealth and success.
- Warm – wool is one of the best natural insulators of heat. Air pockets within the stitching help hold warm air.
- Breathable – great temperature regulation during warmer weather. Moisture is absorbed and released in the wool by evaporation – giving a cooling effect on the body.
- Odour-resistant – bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the structure of wool fibres.
- Easy to style – A wide selection of outdoor clothing to accommodate your jumper. Hats, jackets and country shirts available.
- Available in Navy Blue or Iron Grey.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Made from 100% Merino Wool.
- 2 leather buttons on extended neck.