A truly versatile garment. Choose from an unpadded wax jacket, a quilted gilet or adjoin both to suit what the day brings you.
So whether the weather is cold, hot or cool during your outdoor pursuit, your Greendale Jacket’s got you covered.
Made in Britain using the finest wax fabric available – British Millerain Waxed Cotton.
They have been developing fabrics for over 140 years in the UK and have been stuck by their values
And yes, British Millerain fabric was actually used by troops due to its durability and weather-resistance.
We intend to uphold their values
The jacket comes with a detachable inside padding which can be worn on its own as a quilted gilet during hot days.
It can be reattached on the inside using the inner zips to create a padded wax jacket. Along with the elasticated cuffs, hand warmer pockets and wind-flap – this is perfect for those extra chilly days. During the warmer days where you still require the ruggedness and waterproofness of a wax jacket but without the extra weight, remove the inside gilet for an unpadded wax jacket. Ventilation eyelets under arms and pockets make this jacket breathable to release moisture, keeping you as dry as possible. Being saturated with wax means it is also waterproof, along with the detachable waxed hood – you’ll be kept dry during the typical rainy British weather.
The inner lining is made from 100% cotton with a matching tartan check finish.
This classic style has great practicality due to the fabric used but has no shortage of style. If you are looking for the vintage look, our Greendale Jacket fits the bill with its excellent craftsmanship – offering an aesthetic look. Corduroy trimmings around the collar, pockets and sleeves finish the garment with class. We have matching hats available if you prefer removing the detachable hood. Matching flat caps, baseball caps and wide-brim hats available.
Please use our size guide to accurately measure yourself to the perfect fit you’d expect from a Walker & Hawkes jacket.
Take care of your Waxed products with our Waxed Cotton Dressing. Improving its longevity and waterproof capabilities – you’ll not need another jacket in a long time!
- 3-in-1 – Choose from an unpadded wax jacket, a quilted gilet or add the both depending on what your day entails! Made possible by a detachable thermal gilet inside the jacket.
- 100% British Millerain Waxed Cotton – waxed cotton provided by the originators and leading finishers of the world famous fabric. With 140+ years of experience.
- All-weather garment – suitable all year round.
- Made in Britain.
- 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing wax garments for 40+ years so you can be sure of expert craftsmanship.
- Waterproof – waxed outer shell and detachable hood ensures you’re kept dry.
- Windproof – detachable thermal padded gilet, throat-flap, studded storm flap and elasticated inner cuffs helps shield you from cold winds.
- Durable – waxed cotton is known as one of the most durable fabrics in the world.
- Breathable – ventilation eyelets under arms and pocket allow moisture to escape.
- Matching tartan check lining – made from 100% cotton.
- Vintage style – a traditional piece of British attire.
- Matching caps and hats available.
- Your Greendale Jacket will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Olive and Brown.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses , including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Outer shell made from 100% British Millerain Waxed Cotton.
- Inner lining made from 100% Cotton Tartan Check.
- Detachable thermal quilted gilet.
- YKK 2-way heavy-duty zip with studded flap enclosure.
- Ventilation eyelets.
- 2 hand-warmer pockets with corduroy trim.
- 2 front bellow pockets with drainage eyelets.
- Knitted inner storm cuffs with corduroy trim.
- Color corduroy collar which is studded for optional hood (included).
- W&H branded studs.
- 1 large inside pocket.
- Side studded vents.
- W&H embroidery on left pocket flap.