We wanted to ensure our Danesford Cap was made to the highest quality possible. So we decided to design this cap out of British Millerain Waxed Cotton.
They have been developing fabrics for over 140 years in the UK and have stuck by their values – to create fabrics ‘which would suit a variety of clothing requirements, from the rigours of life in the armed forces to the demands of country pursuits’. And yes, British Millerain fabric was actually used by Indian troops due to its durability and weather-resistance.
We intend to uphold their values in our products by ensuring each cap is rugged and waterproof. Internal lining is made from 100% Cotton Twill to offer you the comfort and durability to expect from a Walker and Hawkes product.
We design our Danesford Cap to keep your head warm and dry during harsh weather conditions but is still suitable for warmer weather due to the stiffened peak which will keep the Sun out of your eyes.
Take care of your Waxed products with our Waxed Cotton Dressing. Improving it’s longevity and waterproof capabilities – you’ll not need another hat in a long time!
- Durable – waxed cotton is tightly woven, making it one of the most durable fabrics in the world.
- Waterproof – it is saturated with wax to make it waterproof.
- Solid-feel – as a standard, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- 100% British Millerain Waxed Cotton – outer shell is 100% waxed cotton.
- Practical – perfect if you want the classic style of a Baker boy cap and the practicality of Waxed Cotton.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
Available in Brown, Navy and Olive.
- Outer shell made from 100% British Millerain Waxed Cotton
- Inner lining made from 100% Cotton Twill with diamond-quilted padding
- Stitched down pre-formed peak