Our Oakmoor Flat Cap is sincere to the timeless classic. An essential wardrobe item in any country man or woman’s wardrobe, now made with premium 100% virgin wool.
So whether you’re in the town or the countryside, this item is guaranteed to fit the occasion.
Crafted to perfection – all the way from the hand-woven tweed to the manufacturing process. We have meticulously designed this hat for style whilst maintaining durability and quality.
Harris Tweed is a premium fabric hand-made in Scotland from pure virgin wool – meaning it has never been used before. It is widely considered one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world and is the only fabric actually protected by legislation to ensure top quality is maintained.
According to the act, Harris Tweed must be: “Handwoven by the islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.” They are located in the North of Scotland, in the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
Every roll produced has to be inspected by a member of the Harris Tweed Authority before it is hand-stamped and sent away for use.
So if you are buying any Harris Tweed product, you can be sure it will be hand-crafted to perfection!
We’ve been designing tweed caps for 20+ years here at Walker & Hawkes.
Combined with the world-renowned Harris Tweed fabric – you’ll find the true meaning of excellent craftsmanship when wearing your Oakmoor Flat Cap.
Your Oakmoor Cap will help keep your head warm during the colder months with its solid feel and deep fit.
Suitable during warmer months due to its natural lightweight and breathability. With a stiffened peak to keep the Sun out your eyes.
We have included a ribbed sweatband to help soak up perspiration – it also prevents an itchy head due to contact with the wool.
We have a selection of colours available. Choose an earthy colour which beautifully captures the aura of the Scottish landscape. Or go for a more contemporary look with our more vivid colourways.
Complete the stylish country look with our other Harris Tweed garments. Matching waistcoats, gloves and blazers available.
Be sure to accurately measure your hat size to get the perfect fit you expect from a Walker and Hawkes product.
Hand-wash or dry-clean only to maintain quality.
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed – hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland. Known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world.
- Designed with 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing tweed garments for 20+ years. So you can be assured of excellent craftsmanship.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Renewable source – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through.
- Solid-feel – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- UV Protection – wool naturally protects you from UV radiation.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Your cap will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Moss Green, Steel Grey, Midnight Blue, Charcoal.
- Matching waistcoat, gloves and blazers available to complete the look.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, fashion, outerwear, races, weddings, formal occasions and more!
- Outer shell is made from 100% Pure Virgin Wool.
- Internal Lining is made from 100% quilted satin.
- Stitched down peak.
- Grosgrain ribbed sweatband.
- Genuine Harris Tweed labels.
- Removable Harris Tweed seam label.
- Walker & Hawkes logo stitched on inside.