Top off your country look with the finest fabric available. Designed to carry you through outdoor pursuits with class.
Our 100% Shetland Wool Alfred Cap is made in the UK from Abraham Moon fabric, who have been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
This is evidently true when you feel the Moon Tweed fabric in your own hands, it is as soft as any other tweed you’ll find.
Made in Britain at their unique woollen mill in Yorkshire – one of the last remaining vertical mills. They have a reputation for consistent quality and innovative design which we intend to uphold when creating Walker and Hawkes garments from their famous fabric.
We’ve been designing tweed caps for 20+ years here at Walker & Hawkes. Combined with the UK based manufacturer with over a century of experience and expertly finished fabric, we are excited to present our most luxurious flat cap to date!
Our Alfred Cap is designed to help keep your head warm during the winter months, with its solid feel and snug fit. Tweed is naturally water-resistant, so your head will stay dry during light showers.
It is still suitable for warmer weather conditions due to it’s lightweight design and breathable capabilities. Includes an internal sweatband to help soak up perspiration and prevent an itchy forehead from contact with the wool.
Internally lined with 100% satin so it not only looks classy, but feels it too.
You can choose between 3 different colours – Castleton Green, Oak Brown or Royal Navy.
All selections have a vivid, earthy tone. Complete the look with our matching Ryton Jacket and Nehru Waistcoat made from Abraham Moon tweed.
Shetland wool is made from Shetland Sheep, who evolved from European sheep brought to the island by Vikings. They are famous for their soft wool, but don’t worry, they grow their woollen fleece back yearly!
Measure your head accurately and refer to our size guide to get the perfect, firm fit. It’ll help keep the hat on during those windy days!
Lightly sponge clean in warm/cool water. Dry clean only. Never use powder detergent.
- 100% Shetland Wool from Abraham Moon – outer shell is made from 100% Shetland Wool by Abraham Moon, who have been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
- UK-based Manufacturer – made by an established headwear manufacturer with over 100 years of experience.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Eco-Friendly – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool is also biodegradable and wool production creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during Summer months.
- Solid-feel – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- Breathable – it’s ability to absorb moisture helps your body’s cooling system.
- Made in Britain
- UV Protection – wool naturally protects you from UV radiation.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Castleton Green, Oak Brown and Royal Navy.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- 100% Shetland Wool outer shell.
- 100% satin internal lining.
- Grosgrain ribbed sweatband.
- Stitched down, pre-formed peak.
- Available in sizes 56CM – 62CM.