Our 100% Shetland Wool Alfred Tweed Cap is made in the UK from Abraham Moon fabric, who have been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
This is evidently true when you feel the Moon Tweed fabric in your own hands, it is as soft as any other tweed you’ll find.
Made in Britain at their unique woollen mill in Yorkshire – one of the last remaining vertical mills. They have a reputation for consistent quality and innovative design which we intend to uphold when creating Walker and Hawkes garments from their famous fabric.
Shetland wool is made from Shetland Sheep, who evolved from European sheep brought to the island by Vikings. They are famous for their soft wool, but don’t worry, they grow their woolen fleece back yearly!
Our Alfred Cap is designed to help keep your head warm during the winter months, with its solid feel and snug fit. It is still suitable for warmer weather conditions due to it’s lightweight design and breathable capabilities. Includes an internal sweatband to help soak up perspiration and internal silk lining for a luxurious feel.
Measure your head accurately and refer to our size guide to get the perfect, firm fit. It’ll help keep the hat on during those windy days!
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Eco-Friendly – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool is also biodegradable and wool production creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during Summer months.
- Solid-feel – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a solid, deep fit so it feels firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- Breathable – it’s ability to absorb moisture helps your body’s cooling system.
- UV Protection – wool naturally protects you from UV radiation.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
Available in Castleton Green, Oak Brown and Royal Navy
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- 100% satin internal lining
- Grosgrain ribbed sweatband
- 100% Shetland Wool outer shell
- Stiffened peak