A vintage style waistcoat featuring the famous mandarin collar. This timeless piece is designed to carry you through outdoor pursuits with class.
Our 100% Shetland Wool Waistcoat is made from Abraham Moon fabric, who have been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
This is evidently true when you feel the Moon Tweed Fabric in your own hands, it is as soft as any other tweed you’ll find.
Made in Britain at their unique woollen mill in Yorkshire – one of the last remaining vertical mills. They have a reputation for consistent quality and innovative design which we intend to uphold when creating Walker and Hawkes garments from their famous fabric.
The Nehru Waistcoat is a world famous clothing item, named after India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. He popularised the mandarin collar and western styled achkan back in the 1940s and although it has been modernised in different ways, it is a vintage item with undeniable class.
It’s no wonder why anyone who wore this waistcoat back in the 40s was seen as someone with high social status.
Our Abraham Moon Nehru Waistcoat is designed for both functionality and style. Wear it underneath our tweed jackets to keep yourself warm during the winter months or wear it over a shirt for formal occasions or everyday wear. Lined with a soft fabric to offer you the luxurious feel necessary for a Nehru Waistcoat.
You can choose between 3 different colours – Castleton Green, Oak Brown or Royal Navy.
All selections have a vivid, earthy tone. Complete the look with our matching Alfred Flat Cap and Ryton Jacket made from Abraham Moon tweed.
Shetland wool is made from Shetland Sheep, who evolved from European sheep brought to the island by Vikings. They are famous for their soft wool, but don’t worry, they grow their woollen fleece back yearly!
Measure yourself accurately and check against our size guide so you get the perfect fit you should expect from Walker and Hawkes.
To preserve quality, lightly sponge clean in warm/cool water or dry clean only. Never use powder detergent.
- 100% Shetland Wool from Abraham Moon – outer shell fabric from Abraham Moon, who have been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
- Made in the U.K. – expertly designed and made by professionals in the UK with a combined experience of 40 years. So you can be sure of excellent craftsmanship.
- Famous design – the Nehru Waistcoat is a timeless design which has remained popular for nearly 100 years.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Renewable source – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during Summer months.
- Breathable – its ability to absorb and release moisture helps your body’s cooling system.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Available in Castleton Green, Oak Brown and Royal Navy
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- 100% Shetland Wool outer shell.
- 100% polyester internal lining.
- 6 button fastening.
- 2 front straight welt pockets.
- Pen and ticket pocket.
- Mandarin collar.