An expertly crafted jacket. Designed to carry the outdoorsman through his outdoor pursuits with class.
Our 100% Shetland Wool Ryton Shooting Jacket is made in the UK from Abraham Moon fabric, who have been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
This is evidently true when you feel the Moon Tweed Fabric in your own hands, it is as soft as any other tweed you’ll find.
Made in Britain at their unique woollen mill in Yorkshire – one of the last remaining vertical mills. They have a reputation for consistent quality and innovative design which we intend to uphold when creating Walker & Hawkes garments from their famous fabric.
We’ve been designing and manufacturing tweed jackets for 20+ years here at Walker & Hawkes. Combined with the expertly finished fabric, we are excited to bring you our finest shooting jacket to date!
Our Ryton Shooting Jacket is bursting with elegance but does not lack functionality.
Its solid fit and thick design will keep you warm during the winter.
Hand-warmer pockets lined with moleskin and satin offer a luxurious feel whilst keeping your hands warm. A detachable throat flap can be used to offer further warmth during those cold British winters.
A drop liner is added between the fabric and lining, which makes this garment fully waterproof. The breathable membrane lets out body perspiration to the outer surface, while remaining waterproof and protecting you against harsh weather conditions
You can choose between 3 different colours – Castleton Green, Oak Brown or Royal Navy.
All selections have a vivid, earthy tone. Complete the look with our matching Alfred Flat Cap and Nehru Waistcoat made from Abraham Moon tweed.
Shetland wool is made from Shetland Sheep, who evolved from European sheep brought to the island by Vikings. They are famous for their soft wool, but don’t worry, they grow their woollen fleece back yearly.
Measure yourself accurately and check against our size guide so you get the perfect fit you should expect from Walker & Hawkes.
- 100% Shetland Wool from Abraham Moon – outer shell is made from Abraham Moon, who has been ‘crafting fine cloths with love & precision for 180 years’.
- Made in the UK – expertly designed and made by professionals in the UK with a combined experience of 40 years. So you can be sure of excellent craftsmanship.
- Warm – the solid, thick design will keep you warm during those cold winters.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Eco-Friendly – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool is also biodegradable and wool production creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Waterproof – a drop liner between outer fabric and lining makes it waterproof
- Breathable – it’s ability to absorb moisture helps your body’s cooling system.
- UV Protection – wool naturally protects you from UV radiation.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Available in Castleton Green, Oak Brown and Royal Navy
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- 100% Shetland Wool outer shell.
- Internal lining is 100% Satin with diamond quilted padding.
- 2 hand-warmer pockets lined with 100% cotton and moleskin trimming.
- 2 front popper up bellow pockets for quick access
- 1 large inside pocket.
- 2-way brass heavy-duty YKK Zip studded storm flap enclosure.
- Detachable throat-flap.
- Spring-set studs for easy and secure fastening
- Internal fitted cuffs.
- Fully lined waterproof and breathable drop liner.
- Reinforced seams on shoulders.