Don’t let the weather deter you.
The Kirkstall will keep you warm and dry during your outdoor pursuits. Made from ever-durable 100% waxed cotton and features internal padding to keep you protected no matter the weather.
Authentically made in Britain using our 40+ years of experience in manufacturing wax jackets. Our extensive experience ensures you are getting a garment made by experts – ensuring quality craftsmanship in every jacket.
The use of waxed cotton has been around since the 15th century as a way for Scottish fishermen to waterproof their sails without affecting its efficiency. Back then, they used fish oils – different to the superior paraffin or natural beeswax based wax we use today. Leftover pieces of cloth were used as capes to keep the fishermen dry. This evidently worked well as waxed cotton is now a very popular fabric to use for jackets.
We have strived to uphold the essence of what made a wax jacket so popular.
The Kirkstall Jacket will keep you protected during those colder months with its cosy padded lining. The strong stitching and waterproof wax fabric makes this jacket showerproof to ensure you’re kept completely dry during mild showers. Two hand-warmer pockets and a detachable hood is included which can be studded on the collar for extra weather protection and neatly stored away in the pocket when not in use. The roomy fit allows for freedom of movement and layering with jumpers or gilets for ultimate warmth.
Available in Olive, Navy, Brown. Explore our curated selection of ladies country clothing to complement your Kirkstall Jacket.
One of the reasons waxed jackets can last a lifetime is that you can restore your jacket using our Waxed Cotton Dressing. Improving its longevity and waterproof capabilities – you’ll not need another jacket for a long time!
Accurately measure yourself and refer to our size guide in product images before purchasing to receive the great fit you expect from a Walker and Hawkes product.
- Made in UK: Designed and manufactured in Birmingham, UK.
- Crafted with experience: We’ve been manufacturing wax jackets for over 40 years and have perfected the process. Bringing you practicality, durability and quality with every jacket.
- Durable: Waxed cotton is densely woven, making it one of the most durable fabrics in the world.
- Padded for Warmth: The internal padding keeps you protected during those typical British winters.
- Showerproof: outer shell is saturated with wax to protect you from rain.
- 100% waxed cotton: outer shell is made out of 100% waxed cotton.
- 100% cotton tartan lining: internal lining has a tartan check pattern for that classy look.
- Detachable hood: Hood can be unbuttoned and neatly stored away in the pocket.
- Swift and Secure Delivery: Your Kirkstall Jacket will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Multipurpose Use: Ideal for a range of activities and settings, including shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, and dog walking.
- Outer shell made from 100% waxed cotton.
- Inner lining made from 100% cotton tartan lining.
- Side poppers on waist.
- Colour-coordinated corduroy lining on collar.
- 2-way heavy-duty zip (8mm) with studded storm flap enclosure.
- 1 zipped inside pocket.
- 2 studded front pockets.
- 2 hand-warmer pockets
- Detachable hood.