Our Bayston gilet is made to last through the seasons. A perfect choice for the active outdoorswoman.
Our gilet will help keep your body warm and dry. Meticulously designed to offer the freedom of movement required during your outdoor pursuits.
Made in Britain using top quality Derby Tweed, we strive to bring you a gilet manufactured to the highest of standards. We have been developing this gilet for over 20 years, so you can be assured you’re receiving a jacket made by professionals.
The Tweed is twill woven. Twill is a type of textile weave with the yarns packed very closely together making it thick and tightly woven – resulting in a durable fabric which can withstand wear and tear. This type of weaving can be made in a multi-tone pattern, which has diagonal parallel ribs. The tweed is spun yarn, making it softer and less prone to snagging.
We have also treated the tweed with a Teflon fabric protector. This works like a protective barrier around each fibre of the fabric to help fend off water, dirt and stains – all while not affecting the fabrics weight, look, feel, colour, or breathability.
Your Bayston Gilet will be suitable throughout the year – no matter the weather.
Perfect to layer underneath a jacket during the colder months. Tweed is a great insulator of heat – along with the thick design and studded storm-flap enclosure, your torso will be kept protected from cold winds.
Your Teflon-coated Tweed is water-resistant, so your body will be kept dry during light showers.
During the hotter days when it’s just a little too hot for a jacket, you can rely on your Bayston Gilet to offer you just as much functionality without the excessive warmth.
Our Bayston Gilet has a classic, regular fit to accommodate layering. If a more tailored fit is required, side stud adjusters allow you to tighten the fit around the waist. A scooped extended back finishes this garment with elegance.
Available in Light Sage, Dark Sage, Purple Stripe and Pink Stripe. All selections have a matching diamond quilted lining.
We have a wide range of country clothing which works great with our Bayston Gilet. Matching jackets, skirts and hats available. We also have a selection of jumpers which are ideal to layer underneath your gilet.
Accurately measure yourself and refer to our size guide to receive the great fit you expect from a Walker & Hawkes product.
Dry-clean or hand-wash to preserve the quality of your garment.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight, so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Teflon-coated – coated with Teflon fabric protector for supreme quality and durability. Helps fend off soils, stains and other liquids.
- Freedom of movement – comes with a roomy fit to accommodate layering whilst ensuring unrestricted movement during your outdoor pursuits. Side stud adjusters allow you to tighten the fit
- Easy to style – style with our selection of country clothing. Jackets, hats and jumpers available. Matching colours available.
- Made in Britain – we’ve been manufacturing this gilet in the U.K for 20+ years.
- All our Bayston Gilets come with the famous Walker & Hawkes brand stitched on the inside and branded studs.
- Your Bayston Gilet will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Light Sage, Dark Sage, Purple Stripe and Pink Stripe.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Outer shell made from 60% wool, 25% polyester and 15% mixed fibres.
- Internal padded lining is 100% polyester.
- Diamond quilted internal lining.
- Heavy duty zip with studded storm flap enclosure.
- Moleskin trimming around the collar and pockets.
- Side studded adjusters.
- Walker and Hawkes branded studs.
- 70 GSM padding.