Looking for a traditional wax jacket without the extra padded weight? Our Benson Jacket is exactly that.
Perfect for the active outdoorsman who wants to keep lightweight as possible whilst keeping the rugged and showerproof qualities of wax garments.
Authentically made in Britain using 100% quality waxed cotton, it comes without the padding to keep you lightweight. We have been manufacturing this garment for over 20 years so have perfected the manufacturing process to ensure practicality, durability and quality is maintained with every jacket.
Waxed cotton has been around since the 15th century as a way for Scottish fishermen to waterproof their sails without affecting its efficiency. Back then, they used fish oils – different to the superior paraffin or natural beeswax-based wax we use today. Leftover pieces of cloth were used as capes to keep the fishermen dry. This evidently worked well as waxed cotton is now a very popular fabric to use for jackets and was even adopted by British forces for World War 2!
We have strived to uphold the essence of what made a wax jacket so popular.
Our well-lined Benson Wax Jacket will keep you protected during the winter months with it’s tightly stitched seams to keep water and wind out. The waxed cotton exterior further protects the coat from water. Along with the elasticated cuffs, 2 hand-warmer pockets and detachable hood, you have extra shielding from harsh winds and rain.
One of the reasons why waxed jackets can last a lifetime is you are able to restore your jacket using our Waxed Cotton Dressing. Improving its longevity and waterproof capabilities – you’ll not need another jacket for a long time!
Our Benson Wax Jacket has a roomy fit so you can fit extra layers on the inside whilst ensuring freedom of movement during your activities.
Available in Olive, Navy, Brown, Black, and Beige.
We recommend styling this jacket with our selection of matching wax gilets and hats.
Accurately measure yourself and refer to our size guide in product images before purchasing to receive the great fit you expect from a Walker and Hawkes product.
- Made in the UK – we’ve been manufacturing this jacket for over 20 years so have perfected the process. Bringing you practicality, durability and quality with every jacket.
- Durable – waxed cotton is densely woven, making it one of the most durable fabrics in the world.
- Lightweight – this wax jacket comes without the padding to make it lighter compared to our other waxed coats.
- Windproof – tight seams, wind-stopper cuffs and storm-flap make this jacket windproof.
- Showerproof – it is saturated with wax to shield you from rain.
- Detachable hood – hood can be unbuttoned and neatly stored away in the pocket.
- 100% Waxed Cotton – outer shell is made out of 100% waxed cotton.
- Inner tartan lining – internal lining has a tartan check pattern for that classy look.
- Your Benson Jacket will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Olive, Navy, Brown, Black and Beige.
- Easy-to-style – we have a range of matching wax gilets and hats to complete the look.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Outer shell made from 100% waxed cotton.
- Internal lining is 100% cotton.
- Classic tartan check lining.
- Knitted inner storm cuffs.
- 2 hand-warmer pockets.
- 2 front bellow pockets.
- 2-way heavy-duty zip with studded storm flap.
- Colour corduroy collar which is studded for optional hood (included).
- 1 large inside map pocket.
- W&H branded studs.