A hat which will make you forget what a cold head feels like.
A classic trapper hat with the premium Harris Tweed finish.
The outer shell is made from the famous 100% hand-crafted virgin wool, combined with the warm and luxurious feeling of the inner faux fur – Our Charles Trapper Hat will keep your head shielded from the coldest of winds.
Harris Tweed is a premium fabric hand-made in Scotland from pure virgin wool – meaning it has never been used before. It is widely considered one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world and is the only fabric actually protected by legislation to ensure top quality is maintained.
According to the act, Harris Tweed must be: “Handwoven by the islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.” They are located in the North of Scotland, in the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
Every roll produced has to be inspected by a member of the Harris Tweed Authority before it is hand-stamped and sent away for use.
So if you are buying any Harris Tweed product, you can be sure it will be hand-crafted to perfection!
Wool is an excellent insulator of heat. Along with the soft inner faux fur covering your ears, forehead and back of your neck, this is the perfect winter hat.
If that isn’t enough, the studs can unfold the front peak, so it covers your head more. Small ear-flaps on the outside can be buttoned close to cover up the ear holes, and the larger ear-flaps have an adjustable double-studded enclosure which can be fastened under the chin so the neck is covered and the hat is secured firmly on your head.
We have a selection of colours available. Choose an earthy colour which beautifully captures the aura of the Scottish landscape, or go for a more contemporary look with our more vivid colourway. Available in Moss Green, White Sand, Charcoal and Midnight Blue.
Complete the stylish look with our other products made from world-renowned Harris Tweed – matching waistcoats, blazers and gloves available!
Be sure to accurately measure your head and check against our size guide to get the deep, solid fit you should expect from a Walker & Hawkes cap.
Lightly sponge clean with cold water to preserve the quality of your hat.
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed – a classic hat with the premium Harris Tweed finish.
- Super warm – 100% wool and faux fur enclosures make this the perfect winter hat.
- Designed with 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing tweed hats for 20+ years. So you can be assured of excellent craftsmanship.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight, so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Renewable source – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year, so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Windproof – firm fitting and faux fur enclosures protect you from cold winds.
- Shower-proof – it is water-resistant as tweed can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through.
- Buttoned ear holes – side ear holes for proper hearing. Small ear-flaps can be buttoned over for shielding from the cold.
- Solid feel – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit, so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Your Charles Trapper Hat will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Moss Green, White Sand, Midnight Blue, and Charcoal.
- Complete the look with our range of country clothing.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, fashion, outerwear, races, weddings, formal occasions and more!
- Outer shell made from 100% pure virgin wool.
- Inner lining made from 100% polyester.
- Faux fur.
- Ear holes with buttoned ear flaps.
- Double studded chin strap enclosure.
- Extendable studded forehead flap.
- Removable Harris Tweed seam label on left ear flap.