A poncho is essential for any ladies’ wardrobe. Use our Remington Poncho to cover up during those chilly days as a cape, wrap, shawl or shrug.
These need to be warm, comfortable and stylish. As such, our Remington Poncho is made from ever-reliable 100% Merino Wool – finished with a 4-button detail.
Aran knitwear was first developed in the 1800s for fishermen in the Aran Islands, Ireland, and has since grown in popularity into a world-famous fashion item. Traditionally made from Merino Wool – which is softer than regular wool, making it an ideal fabric for warm garments.
The natural beauty of Aran Knitwear can be accredited to the attention to detail in the stitching. Every pattern carries symbolism which unites the knitwear with the heritage and history of the Aran Islands.
Our Remington Poncho features the ‘Honeycomb Stitch’. An intricate pattern signifying abundance and luck – and for fishermen, that meant a good catch.
You can be sure you’ll be kept warm in your Merino Wool. The wool contains a natural crimp, or air pockets, which can hold body heat around your body – keeping you exceptionally warm.
Despite this, Merino Wool is breathable as it can absorb 35% of its weight in moisture, which can then evaporate to release moisture.
Wool also has odour-resistant properties due to its natural antibacterial effects. Bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the wool fibre structure, which makes it highly functional as you won’t have to wash it daily.
Your Remington Poncho will have a traditional, relaxed fit.
Choose from 4 colours – Pearl, Muslin, Sky Blue and Black. We have a wide selection of outdoor clothing which work great combined with the Remington Poncho – whether you need to layer for extra warmth or top off your look with a hat.
Dry-clean or hand-wash only. Turn Inside out before washing. Use mild detergent. Do not rub, wring, spin, tumble dry or bleach. Reshape whilst damp and dry flat to restore shape. Iron on reverse.
- 100% Merino Wool – a natural fibre grown by Merino sheep. Softer than regular wool, so a great fabric for garments.
- Traditional Aran Knitwear – vintage outerwear used by outdoor enthusiasts since the 1800s.
- Made in Ireland.
- Honeycomb Stitch Pattern – carry some history of the Aran Islands with your poncho. The Honeycomb Stitch is an intricate pattern, signifying abundance and luck. For fishermen, that meant a good catch.
- Warm – wool is one of the best natural insulators of heat. Air pockets within the stitching help hold warm air.
- Breathable – moisture is absorbed and released in the wool by evaporation.
- Odour-resistant – bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the structure of wool fibres.
- Easy to style – A wide selection of outdoor clothing to accommodate your jumper. Hats, jackets and country shirts available.
- Available in Pearl, Muslin, Sky Blue and Black.
- Your Remington Poncho will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: fishing, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Made from 100% Merino Wool
- 4-button enclosure.
- One size fits all.