A classy, buttoned cardigan made from 100% Supersoft Merino Wool for extra cosiness.
We’ve designed the Harrison Cardigan for the stylish lady looking for something to keep her warm on those chilly days.
Aran knitwear was first developed in the 1800s for fishermen in the Aran Islands, Ireland, and has since grown in popularity into a world-famous fashion item. Traditionally made from Merino Wool – which is softer than regular wool, making it an ideal fabric for warm garments.
The natural beauty of Aran Knitwear can be accredited to the attention to detail in the stitching. Every pattern carries symbolism which unites the knitwear with the heritage and history of the Aran Islands.
Our Harrison Cardigan features the ‘Cable Stitch’. This pattern symbolises the ropes the fishermen used – regarded as a symbol of safety and good luck for the fishermen at sea.
You can be sure you’ll be kept warm in your Merino Wool. The wool contains a natural crimp, or air pockets, which can hold body heat around your body – keeping you exceptionally warm.
Despite this, it has great temperature regulation for when it gets warmer. This happens because it can absorb 35% of its weight in moisture and is released due to evaporation from the warm air – offering a cooling effect on the body.
Wool also has odour-resistant properties due to its natural antibacterial effects. Bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the wool fibre structure, which makes it highly functional as you won’t have to wash it daily.
Your Harrison Cardigan will have a traditional, relaxed fit. Drop down a size for a more fitted look.
Choose from 2 colours – Marble Grey and Black. We have a wide selection of outdoor clothing which work great combined with the Harrison Cardigan – whether you need to layer for extra warmth or top off your look with a hat.
Be sure to accurately measure yourself and check against our size guide to get the perfect fit you expect from Walker & Hawkes.
Dry-clean or hand-wash only. Turn inside out before washing. Use mild detergent. Do not rub, wring, spin, tumble dry or bleach. Reshape whilst damp and dry flat to restore shape. Iron on reverse.
- 100% Supersoft Merino Wool – a natural fibre grown by Merino sheep. Softer than regular wool, making it an ideal fabric for garments.
- Traditional Aran Knitwear – vintage outerwear used by outdoor enthusiasts since the 1800s.
- Made in Ireland.
- Cable Stitch Pattern – carry some history of the Aran Islands with your cardigan. The Cable Stitch pattern represents the fishermen’s ropes and symbolises safety and good luck.
- Warm – wool is one of the best natural insulators of heat. Air pockets within the stitching help hold warm air.
- Breathable – moisture is absorbed and released in the wool by evaporation.
- Odour-resistant – bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the structure of wool fibres.
- Easy to style – A wide selection of outdoor clothing to accommodate your jumper. Hats, jackets and country shirts available.
- Available in Marble Grey or Black.
- Your Harrison Cardigan will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: fishing, shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Made from 100% Supersoft Merino Wool.
- 6-button enclosure.
- 2 front pockets.