A versatile styling item for your wardrobe. The timeless style of a cardigan combined with the cosy warmth of Merino Wool.
Crafted authentically in the heart of Aran Knitwear – Ireland, this cardigan embodies the essence of classic fashion.
Our Ardmore Cardigan is a must-have addition that effortlessly transitions between cosy loungewear and a sophisticated outfit. Whether you use this garment for daily lounging or apart of a smart outfit, your Ardmore Jumper is ready to be dressed up or down to suit the occasion. Meticulously crafted from luxurious, thick 100% Merino Wool, this cardigan offers the perfect layering option to enhance any outfit. With its open-buttoned design, it provides a refreshing airflow when needed, ensuring comfort without compromising style.
Aran knitwear was first developed in the 1800s for fishermen in the Aran Islands, Ireland, and has since grown in popularity into a world-famous fashion item. Traditionally made from Merino Wool – which is softer than regular wool, making it an ideal fabric for warm garments.
The natural beauty of Aran Knitwear can be accredited to the attention to detail in the stitching. Every pattern carries symbolism which unites the knitwear with the heritage and history of the Aran Islands.
Our Ardmore Cardigan features the ‘Honeycomb Stitch’ and ‘Cable Stitch’.
The Cable Stitch symbolises the ropes the fishermen used. This was seen as a symbol of safety and good luck for the fishermen at sea.
The Honeycomb Stitch is an intricate pattern signifying abundance and luck – and for fishermen, that meant a good catch.
You can be sure you’ll be kept warm in your Merino Wool. The wool contains a natural crimp, or air pockets, which can hold body heat around your body – keeping you exceptionally warm.
Despite this, Merino Wool is breathable as it can absorb 35% of its weight in moisture, which can then evaporate to release moisture.
Wool also has odour-resistant properties due to its natural antibacterial effects. Bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the wool fibre structure, which makes it highly functional as you won’t have to wash it daily.
Your Ardmore Cardigan will have a traditional, relaxed fit. Drop down a size for a more fitted look. Choose from 3 colours – Black, Iron Grey or Pearl. We have a wide selection of outdoor clothing which works great combined with the Ardmore Cardigan – whether you need to layer for extra warmth or top off your look with a hat.
Be sure to accurately measure yourself and check against our size guide to get the perfect fit you expect from Walker & Hawkes.
Dry-clean or hand-wash only. Turn Inside out before washing. Use mild detergent. Do not rub, wring, spin, tumble dry or bleach. Reshape whilst damp and dry flat to restore shape. Iron on reverse.
- 100% Merino Wool – a natural fibre grown by Merino sheep. Softer than regular wool, so a great fabric for garments.
- Traditional Aran Knitwear – vintage outerwear used by outdoor enthusiasts since the 1800s.
- Made in Ireland – authentically made at the heart of Aran Knitwear.
- Cable and Honeycomb Stitch Patterns – carry some history of the Aran Islands with your cardigan. The Cable Stitch pattern represents the fishermen’s ropes and symbolises safety and good luck. The Honeycomb Stitch is an intricate stitch signifying luck and abundance for a good catch.
- Warm – wool is one of the best natural insulators of heat. Air pockets within the stitching help hold warm air.
- Breathable – moisture is absorbed and released in the wool by evaporation.
- Odour-resistant – bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the structure of wool fibres.
- Easy to style – dress up or down without worry. We have a wide selection of outdoor clothing to accommodate your jumper. Hats, jackets and country shirts available.
- Available in Black, Iron Grey and Pearl.
- Your Ardmore Caridgan will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: fishing, shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Made from 100% Merino Wool.
- 6 button enclosure.
- 2 front pockets.