A classic tweed style designed for the outdoorsman. One who requires functionality for the most demanding of outdoor pursuits.
Our Barlaston Jacket is designed to withstand the most demanding of outdoor pursuits while keeping you warm and dry in harsh weather conditions. This is made possible due to the teflon fabric protector the tweed is treated with – fending off dirt, soils and stains whilst also protecting you from rain. The interlining membrane makes this jacket completely waterproof. Along with the wind-stopper cuffs, detachable throat flap and thick design, we hope you forget about the harsh weather altogether!
Crafted in Britain using high-quality Derby Tweed – we strive to bring you a jacket manufactured to the highest of standards. We have been developing this jacket for over 20 years, so you can be assured you’re receiving a jacket made by professionals.
The Tweed is twill woven. Twill is a type of textile weave with the yarns packed very closely together, making it thick and tightly woven – resulting in a durable fabric which can withstand wear and tear. This type of weaving can be made in a multi-tone pattern with diagonal parallel ribs. The tweed is spun yarn, making it softer and less prone to snagging.
We have also treated the tweed with a Teflon fabric protector. This works like a protective barrier around each fibre of the fabric to help fend off water, dirt and stains – all while not affecting the fabric’s weight, look, feel, colour, or breathability.
The quality of the Tweed, combined with the great workmanship, makes for a tweed garment destined to last for years.
Our Barlaston Jacket has a roomy fit, so you can fit extra layers on the inside whilst ensuring freedom of movement during your activities.
You can style this jacket with our selection of matching tweed waistcoats, caps and trousers.
Available in Dark Sage, Light Sage, Beige Tweed, Brown Tweed, Forest Green, Red Stripe and Blue Tweed.
Accurately measure yourself and refer to our size guide to receive the great fit you expect from a Walker & Hawkes product.
Dry-clean or hand-wash only to preserve quality.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight, so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Teflon-coated – coated with Teflon fabric protector for supreme quality and durability. Helps fend off soils, stains and other liquids.
- Waterproof – Teflon Fabric Protector and inner membrane make this garment 100% waterproof.
- Windproof – strong stitching, drop-liner, inner-quilted lining, and storm-flap ensure cold winds are kept out.
- Breathable – the breathable membrane helps keep the inside of the jacket dry from perspiration.
- Functional – multiple pockets, hand-warmer pockets, snap tab for quick access to front pockets, windstopper cuffs and more.
- Warm – our jacket is thick to keep you as warm as possible.
- Freedom of movement – comes with a roomy fit to accommodate layering whilst ensuring unrestricted movement during your outdoor pursuits.
- Easy to style – suits our other tweed products perfectly. Waistcoats, hats and trousers available.
- Made in Britain – we’ve been manufacturing this jacket in the U.K for 20+ years.
- All our jackets come with the famous Walker & Hawkes brand stitched on the inside and branded studs.
- Your jacket will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Dark Sage, Light Sage, Beige, Brown, Forest Green, Red Stripe and Blue Tweed.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Outer shell made from 60% wool, 25% polyester and 15% mixed fibres.
- Internal padded lining is 100% polyester.
- Diamond quilted internal lining.
- Wind-stopper sleeve cuffs.
- 2 hand warmer pockets.
- 2 front bellow pockets with snap tabs for quick access.
- 1 inside zipped pocket.
- 2-way heavy-duty brass zip with studded storm flap enclosure.
- Detachable throat flap.
- Moleskin trimming around the collar and pockets.
- Walker and Hawkes branded studs.
- Reinforced seams on shoulders.
- 70g padding.