Classy and warm. A premium waistcoat designed to carry you through the town or country with style.
Excellent craftsmanship – all the way from the hand-woven tweed to the manufacturing process. We have meticulously designed this waistcoat for style whilst ensuring durability and quality is maintained.
Harris Tweed is a premium fabric hand-made in Scotland from pure virgin wool – meaning it has never been used before. It is widely considered one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world and is the only fabric actually protected by legislation to ensure top quality is maintained.
According to the act, Harris Tweed must be: “Handwoven by the islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.” They are located in the North of Scotland, in the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
Every roll produced has to be inspected by a member of the Harris Tweed Authority before it is hand-stamped and sent away for use.
So if you are buying any Harris Tweed product, you can be sure it will be hand-crafted to perfection!
We’ve been designing tweed garments for 20+ years here at Walker & Hawkes.
Combined with the world-renowned Harris Tweed fabric – we’re confident you’ll feel the luxuriousness of our Dalston Waistcoat.
A classic, regular fit to ensure movement isn’t restricted. A cinch adjuster at the back can be used to give yourself a more fitted look.
The natural weight of the wool will help keep you warm and can be layered underneath a jacket during colder months.
The breathability of tweed along with the sleeveless design makes this a perfect choice for the hotter months too.
Suitable for a range of occasions. Wear it formally with a shirt and blazer or as a casual outdoor waistcoat.
We have a selection of colours available. Choose an earthy colour which beautifully captures the aura of the Scottish landscape. Or go for a contemporary look with our more vivid colourways. Complete the stylish country look with our other Harris Tweed garments. Matching blazers, gloves and hats available.
Accurately measure yourself and refer to our size guide to receive the great fit you expect from Walker & Hawkes.
Dry-clean only to preserve the quality.
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed – hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland. Known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world.
- Classic, regular fit – use the rear cinch adjuster to change the fit.
- Designed with 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing tweed garments for 20+ years. So you can be assured of excellent craftsmanship.
- Made in the U.K.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Renewable source – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during Summer months.
- Suitable for all weather – wear with a shirt during the summer or pair with our matching blazer during the winter.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Your Dalston Waistcoat will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Clinton Brown, Steel Grey, Midnight Blue, White Sand, and Royal Blue.
- Matching blazer, gloves and hats available.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, fashion, outerwear, races, weddings, formal occasions and more!
- Outer fabric is 100% pure virgin wool.
- Internal lining is made from 100% polyester.
- 4 genuine leather button fastening, with a spare leather button.
- 2 front double welt pocket.
- 3 genuine leather button cuffs.
- Cinch adjuster.