Our Bernard Cap offers you the classic look with the practicality that comes with Waxed Cotton.
A vintage styled cap which will keep your head dry from rain.
Duckbill Caps are similar to Flat Caps in that they both have stiffened, small peaks. The Duckbill Cap differs by being slightly more rounded and slopes down towards the front, like a Duck’s bill (hence the name). Also they usually have panels at the top joined in the centre – similar to a Baker Boy Cap but without the button.
Also known as Ivy Caps, they were first popularised by the general public because of its functionality and warmth. Upper class men then embraced the style – using it for its undeniable style, and functionality for sport hunting and shooting.
We wanted to ensure our Bernard Cap was made to the highest quality possible. So we decided to design this cap out of British Millerain Waxed Cotton.
They have been developing fabrics for over 140 years in the UK and have stuck by their values – to create fabrics ‘which would suit a variety of clothing requirements, from the rigours of life in the armed forces to the demands of country pursuits’. And yes, British Millerain fabric was actually used by troops due to its durability and weather-resistance.
We intend to uphold their values in our products by ensuring each cap is rugged and waterproof.
We design our Bernard Cap to keep your head warm and dry during harsh weather conditions. The solid fit protects your head from cold winds, while the waxed cotton shell keeps rain bouncing off the hat.
It is still suitable for warmer weather due to the stiffened peak which helps keep the Sun out of your eyes.
Available in Olive, Brown, Navy colourways. Style your Bernard Cap with our selection of country clothing including matching waxed jackets, gilets and trousers.
Be sure to accurately measure your head and check against our size guide to get the deep, solid fit you should expect from a Walker & Hawkes cap.
Take care of your waxed products with our Waxed Cotton Dressing. Improving its longevity and waterproof capabilities – you’ll not need another hat in a long time!
- 100% British Millerain Waxed Cotton – waxed cotton provided by the originators and leading finishers of the world famous fabric. With 140+ years of experience.
- Durable – waxed cotton is densely woven, making it one of the most durable fabrics in the world.
- Waterproof – saturated with wax to make it completely waterproof.
- Solid-feel – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- Your Bernard Cap will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Available in Olive, Brown, and Navy.
- Matching Wax Jackets and Gilets available.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Outer shell is made from 100% waxed cotton.
- Inner lining is 100% polyester.
- Stitched down peak.