Frosty ears? Freezing head? Then cover up with our Harwell Hat.
Made from 100% Supersoft Merino Wool, to ensure maximum cosiness and warmth for your head with a rib turn-up for extra protection on the forehead and ears. The Supersoft Merino Wool means you won’t have to trade a cold head for an itchy one, as it’s extra soft on the skin.
Aran knitwear was first developed in the 1800s for fishermen in the Aran Islands, Ireland, and has since grown in popularity into a world-famous fashion item. Traditionally made from Merino Wool – which is softer than regular wool, making it an ideal fabric for warm garments.
The natural beauty of Aran Knitwear can be accredited to the attention to detail in the stitching. Every pattern carries symbolism which unites the knitwear with the heritage and history of the Aran Islands.
Our Harwell Hat features the ‘Diamond Stitch’. This pattern symbolises the shapes of the fishing mesh islanders used. As these fishing meshes were used to make a living – this signifies wealth and success.
You can be sure you’ll be kept warm in your Merino Wool. The wool contains a natural crimp, or air pockets, which can hold body heat around your body – keeping you exceptionally warm.
Despite this, Merino Wool is breathable as it can absorb 35% of its weight in moisture, which can then evaporate to release moisture.
Wool also has odour-resistant properties due to its natural antibacterial effects. Bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the wool fibre structure, which makes it highly functional as you won’t have to wash it daily.
Your Harwell Hat is a one-size-fits-most fit.
Choose from 4 colours – Pearl, Meadow Green, Navy and Slate Grey. We have a collection of Merino Wool garments which allow you to complete the look. Also, check out our Harwell Snood, a perfect pairing for your Harwell Hat.
Dry-clean or hand-wash only. Turn Inside out before washing. Use mild detergent. Do not rub, wring, spin, tumble dry or bleach. Reshape whilst damp and dry flat to restore shape. Iron on reverse.
- 100% Supersoft Merino Wool – a natural fibre grown by Merino sheep. Softer than regular wool, so a great fabric for garments.
- Traditional Aran Knitwear – vintage outerwear used by outdoor enthusiasts since the 1800s.
- Made in Ireland.
- Diamond Stitch Pattern – carry some history of the Aran Islands with your hat. The Diamond Stitch pattern represents the shape of the fishing mesh and symbolises wealth and success.
- Warm – wool is one of the best natural insulators of heat. Air pockets within the stitching help hold warm air.
- Breathable – moisture is absorbed and released in the wool by evaporation.
- Odour-resistant – bacteria responsible for odours find it hard to stick due to the structure of wool fibres.
- Easy to style – complete the look with our collection of Merino Wool garments.
- Available in Pearl, Meadow Green, Navy and Slate Grey.
- Your Harwell Hat will be dispatched quickly and safely.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: fishing, shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- Made from 100% Supersoft Merino Wool.
- Rib turn-up.