You won’t just be buying an overcoat, but investing in a timeless piece to be cherished for generations to come.
Expertly constructed using Harris Tweed – the fabric is renowned for lasting multiple decades. As the fabric ages naturally, it gains a remarkable depth that effortlessly enhances its charm.
The Kensington Overcoat oozes sophistication, transforming your look into that of a refined country gentleman. Tailored to be worn over thick layers – it will add both luxuriousness and warmth to your ensemble. Perfect for business or leisure, whether on the way to work or to the Christmas party.
Harris Tweed is a premium fabric hand-made in Northern Scotland from pure virgin wool – meaning the wool has never been used before. Widely considered one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world, and is the only fabric protected by legislation to ensure top quality is maintained in every metre.
According to the act, Harris Tweed must be: “Handwoven by the islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.” They are located in the North of Scotland, in the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
Every roll produced is inspected by a member of the Harris Tweed Authority before it is hand-stamped and sent away for use. So if you are buying any Harris Tweed product, you can be sure it has been hand-crafted to perfection!
We’ve been designing tweed garments for over 20 years here at Walker & Hawkes. Combined with the world-renowned Harris Tweed fabric – you’ll feel the essence of excellent craftsmanship when wearing your Kensington Overcoat.
A classic, regular fit with a slightly roomy feel to accommodate layering whilst also allowing freedom of movement. With its knee-length and reinforced shoulders, the coat offers a solid, full fit that radiates confidence. Side slant pockets offer convenience for both hand warmth and easy access to your belongings.
Available in Clinton Brown and Steel Grey. Pair the Kensington Overcoat with smart trousers or denim jeans and layer it with a blazer, jacket, or chunky knitwear – either way, you’ll feel like the most dapper man around with your Kensington Overcoat on. Complete the country look with our collection of country wear, including Harris Tweed blazers, waistcoats, hats, and chunky knitwear.
Made from 100% hand-woven wool with a tight weave, the Kensington Overcoat ensures exceptional warmth during those typical British winters. To guarantee minimal creasing upon arrival, each coat is pressed and carefully packaged in a bag and protective box.
Accurately measure yourself and refer to our size guide to receive the great fit you expect from Walker & Hawkes.
Dry-clean only to preserve the quality of your Kensington Overcoat.
- Timeless – a true investment piece that’ll be cherished for generations to come. Natural ageing only enhances its depth and charm.
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed – hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland. Known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world.
- Designed with 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing tweed jackets for 20+ years. So you can be assured of expert craftsmanship.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight, so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Renewable source – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during the Summer months.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity. Pressed before delivery to ensure minimal creasing on arrival.
- Classic, regular fit – tailored for a classy look whilst accommodating layering and freedom of movement.
- Your Kensington Overcoat will be dispatched quickly and safely in a protective box with a Harris Tweed cover and hanger.
- Available in Clinton Brown and Steel Grey.
- Matching waistcoats, gloves, hats and blazers available. As well as a wider collection of country wear.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, fashion, outerwear, races, weddings, formal occasions and more!
- Outer fabric is 100% pure virgin wool.
- Internal lining is made from 100% polyester.
- Single-breasted with 3-button fastening.
- Side vents.
- 2 side-slant pockets.
- 1 front breast pocket.
- 3 inside pockets.
- 1 spare button stitched on inside.
- Harris Tweed seam label on left sleeve cuff.
- Reinforced shoulders.