The Deerstalker design was originally designed, as the name suggests, for those who stalked deer on the moors.
Our Watson Deerstalker Hat is created from the famous Harris Tweed fabric – hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland since the 1800s, so you can be assured you are getting top quality fabric.
We design our Deerstalker Hats to help keep you warm during the cold months with it’s ear-flaps and snug fit. Thankfully, the Harris Tweed fabric allows this hat to be wearable in all seasons due to its lightweight and breathable design. The double peak will help keep the Sun off your face and neck during extended periods outdoors. The earflaps, tied under the chin, provide protection in cold weather and high winds. They are otherwise tied together above the crown to keep them out of the way.
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed – hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland. Known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world.
- Designed with 20+ years experience – we’ve been designing tweed garments for 20+ years. So you can be assured of excellent craftsmanship.
- Durable – tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Eco-Friendly – the sheep grow their woolen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool is also biodegradable and wool production creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during Summer months.
- Solid-feel – as usual, Walker and Hawkes hats give you a deep fit so it feels snug and firm around your head. Be sure to check our size guide.
- Breathable – it’s ability to absorb moisture helps your body’s cooling system.
- UV Protection – wool naturally protects you from UV radiation.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Available in Moss Green, Midnight Blue, Clinton Brown and Gunmetal Grey.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, horse-riding, farming, fashion, outerwear, dog walking and more!
- 100% virgin wool outer shell fabric.
- 100% satin internal lining.
- Semicircular visors in front and rear.
- Unstiffened cloth earflaps.
- Grosgrain ribbons.
- Removable Harris Tweed seam label.